Saturday, April 2, 2011

FUNGICIDE ON MY COCONUTS.

So apparently the lovely baby thai coconuts I purchase from chinatown are not so lovely after all. It seems like as soon as something becomes easy in this lifestylce, ex. OPENING COCONUTS, buying fresh produce locally, pesticide free farming, etc. ---something changes.

The coconuts that are fungicide free are the typical ones you see where the shells are used as bikinis..


I bought a few, 99cents at No Frills (this place is magical...I just realized), and attempted to enjoy one. My mom and I hacked at it this morning. NEEDLESS TO SAY, the best knife in the kitchen was destroyed, and the water that I was able to drink out of the coconut lasted for 3 tiny sips..I thought it was a joke, but my mom said those were the kind they always had in Lebanon and there was never much water in them.

My favourite part of this was after the water was sipped out, I went outside to my backyard and WHIPPED it on the ground for a few times, till is shattered and the outer (BIKINI) layer came off.

Best Video on how to cut (should have watched this prior to destroying said kitchen knife):


END RESULT.

No comments:

Post a Comment