Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Kale-cium Salad.

Found kale in my fridge this morning, and after making an ultra healthy (aka gross) smoothie for breakfast I washed, cut and left the leaves to marinate for lunch time.

[massaged with sea salt and olive oil from Lebanon]
-raisins
-tomatoes
-tahini drizzled
-paprika
-garlic minced

November Goals [relate indirectly to this salad]: I stopped making goals for a few months, I'm not sure why BUT they're back. Goal making is a part of my life.

1) Get healthier. To elaborate, I got some blood test results and found that I am low in Iron, HOWEVER, before you start freaking out I have to explain that I haven't been on top in terms of nutrition. I realized in the past two months (since my other blood test which showed things were balanced) I stopped eating sprouts, focused only on spinach as my green source, and forgot about lentils and beans. SILLY, right? Don't mess with your health. This was a wake up call for me, (Kale is a good source of calcium).

a) These are sub-goals from number 1. Follow a prescribed meal plan. I am making a few for myself for the coming months and will post them up. It's best to do them in shorter weeks vs. longer ones. 3-5 days is good.

b) Focusing on grains/legumes that are soaked, sprouted and occasionally cooked. Quinoa, Red rice, millet, amaranth and black eyed beans, garbanzo beans, alfalfa, and flax.

c) Removal of all extra sugar sources. One of my IDOLS in the raw food world recently added animal products back into her diet. I was devastated when I found out, however I have to attribute these symptoms that her as well as others experience to excess sugar, and cacao. I love desserts, and fruit, and cookies, and cakes, and muffins, and tarts, and everything that includes sugar but I know it does have a negative affect on your system. My goal is to focus on fruit sources for any sugary desires my heart screams to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment