Monday, February 22, 2010

totally ALMOST died from a street snow shoveler today.

IT WAS FRIGID TODAY.
silly me, thinking I could wear a vest and be fine.

I made a super delicious marinara sauce tonight which I am verrrry proud of. No picture, use your imaginations!

I used a carrot peeler to make ribbons like fettucine pasta, (yummy but without the stomach pain or bloating), and added some spring mix salad leaves into it. The sauce was one ripe tomato, half a red pepper, ton of oregano, thyme, some celtic sea salt, kalamata olives, 1 T shelled hemp seeds, extra virgin olive oil and one small garlic clove (I HATE GARLIC AND ONIONS, but sometimes you need to suffer for flavour's sake).

About the cold weather, it is possible to eat raw during freezing temperatures! I had fruit today and some hummus with carrots and bananas. Also, LISTEN UP COOKED FOODERS. I had a certain brand of cereal today, gluten free, only 6 grams of sugar. It was the first non-raw "meal" I had in about 2 weeks. Whatever sugar was in the cereal started an instant migraine, and less than 30 minutes later an insane stomach pain.

Ingredients: Organic whole grain corn meal, organic evap. cane juice, organic brown rice flour, organic inulin, organic quinoa puffs, organic flax seeds, natural vanilla, organic buckwheat flour, organic quinoa, sea salt, organic amaranth, organic molasses, natural vit. E.

I'm off to go drown myself in water, and rid my body of this toxicity..

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the cereal. Yuck! Hope you're on the mend now. Your marinara sauce sounds awesome and I LOVE garlic and onions! :) So what happened with the snow shoveler?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had two hoods on and was walking briskly, while the shoveller was pummeling forward in my direction, I screamed outloud and jumped just in time to see the driver LAUGHING! It is funny now that I think about it, but a bit scary at the moment haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew! Glad everything turned out okay! That could've hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, your eats sounds delicious! I find that when I eat "real" sugar, I get SUPER thirsty. That's why I avoid. It usually happens when I don't know it's in a certain food. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete